Add some reflective surfaces for depth and light within your garden…..
If your feeling like spending the weekend outdoors we have some great garden DIY inspiration for the sunny weekend ahead.
Mirrors are a fantastic way to brighten up any garden space. Adding large or small mirrors to your garden creates extra dimension to the space.
Adding mirrors to your garden not only creates extra dimension to the space but it also increases the light in the space as the sun moves throughout the day. It also reflects the planting that you have within the garden, making the garden feel much fuller and giving the garden more depth. This idea works particularly well with small gardens making the garden feel twice the size.
We here at KLD did some of our own garden mirror DIY during the week, and here is how it is done.
- Mirror with decorative feature or frame
- Paint – We prefer to use bright fun colours to brighten up your garden space.
- Metal Wire
- Select a mirror in which you would like to revive. This can be an existing old mirror which you have in your house which you no longer use or a new one. We chose the ‘UNG DRILL’ mirror from IKEA.
- Take the paint colour that you wish to use on your mirror. We chose the colour ‘Secret Lagoon’ from the Cuprinol ‘HAMMERITE’ range.
- Paint your mirror and wait for it to dry, it may need two coats if the mirror was a dark colour to begin with.
- Use the metal wire to hang your mirror on your garden fence or wall.
- CUPRINOL do a great range of garden paints for all your garden DIY.
- IKEA have a great selection of affordable mirrors if you don’t have one at home.