Joining us from the United States, our latest outstanding design intern is Toree Schulte, from North Dakota State University. Welcome, Toree, and we can’t wait to see what work you create with us!
1. What could you not live without?
2. Where would be your ideal weekend break?
Any new city where I’m able to aimlessly wander and meet new people.
3. Who is your favourite interior designer in the world?
India Mahdavi is one of my many favourites.
4. Where’s your favourite place to visit in the United States?
By far Los Angeles, CA. My sister lives there, and I absolutely love how it’s a city of opportunity, creativity, endless adventures, dreams, diversity, and culture.
5. What do you love about interior design?
I love how interior design encompasses a creative world of free imagination. Designing a built environment that is able to promote healing and evoke varying emotions to the users in the space makes my heart scream.
6. Your favourite gadget or app?
7. What’s on your bucket list?
Wow, a LOT of things but at the top of my list includes climbing to Macchu Picchu in Peru and visiting India during the Holi Festival and seeing the Taj Mahal.
8. How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
Passionate, creative, & driven.
9. What is your favourite saying?
“No matter what he does, every person on earth plays a central role in the history of the world. And normally he doesn’t know it.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist.
More of a quote than a saying, but it’s my favourite. ?
10. What’s your stress reliever?
A night dedicated to Netflix, Ben & Jerry’s ice cream, and wine.
11. Who would you happily be stranded on a desert island with?
Bear Grylls from Man vs. Wild. I couldn’t survive a day in nature by myself, so I would definitely need a professional.
12. How would you describe your family?
Dysfunctional and weirdly close, but in a good way.
13. Where do you want to be in 5 years time?
Genuinely happy and pursuing what sets my soul on fire – design – wherever that may be.
14. What’s your favourite meal?
15. Where is your favourite holiday destination?
To date my favourite holiday destination would be Cairns, Australia. The coasts and atmosphere are absolutely lovely.
16. Favourite hotel in Fargo?
The Hotel Donaldson (locals call it the HoDo). It’s an iconic historical building in Fargo and contains a lot of character.
17. How would you describe your home town?
Small, charming town with a strong community that loves its American football and tailgating!
18. What’s in your handbag?
My wallet, headphones, a sketchbook and pencil, and around 8 different lipsticks at all times. You never know when you’ll need that perfect shade of nude!
19. What’s your favourite movie?
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
20. What’s on your to-do list for 2018?
Explore new countries and cities, gain cultural fluency, grow more confident and independent, and develop new skills and build upon my resume with my experience at Kingston Lafferty Design.