A year into the company, Moya heads up the Marketing & PR for KLD, as well as our managing Create by KLD, our masterclass consultation service where she shares her extensive design knowledge on how to update your home. She’s got a natural flair for all things pretty, as seen through her dreamy interiors blog designology.ie, and is a dab hand at making beautiful baked goods!
1. What could you not live without? Fresh flowers, they can be an instant mood lifter and a great everyday way to decorate a room.
2. Where would be your ideal weekend break? At the moment its probably a city break to Copenhagen which is on my travel list for 2017. As a bit of a foodie and of course with an interest in design the city, with all its stylish cafes and boutiques really appeals to me at the moment. I’m also a little bit obsessed with all things Scandinavian
3. Who would you turn to in a time of need? My family and my boyfriend, Andrew.
4. What inspired you to set up your blog, Designology.ie? I had been reading a lot of interiors blogs in the UK and America and was really inspired by them. However, I always found that the suppliers and pieces they featured were largely unavailable to me so I wanted to set up a blog with more of an Irish relevance. I have always loved styling and interiors and after seeing some really beautiful blogs across the world I really wanted to try it out myself. Its the perfect creative outlet for me to experiment and express myself.
5. What is your favourite thing to write about? Anything interiors really but probably the home tours are one of the most enjoyable as an overall process. Its so nice to be welcomed into someone’s home and to see how they put their creative flare to use in their own space. Writing these pieces pretty much flows out of you because you leave on such a high after engaging with like minded people who are just really inspiring.
6. Your favourite gadget or app? Pinterest, I’m a pin-aholic!
7. What’s on your bucket list? To design and build my own house is probably my main bucket list dream.
8. How would you describe yourself in 3 words? Creative, pragmatic and friendly.
9. What is your favourite saying? ‘You can’t use up creativity, the more you use the more you have’ – Maya Angelou
10. Favourite place to eat in Dublin? Forest Avenue – the menu is clean and elegant and everything from the ceramics to the simple, rustic decor is brought together so well.
11. Who would you happily be stranded on a dessert island with? Michael McIntyre – at least you’d be laughing!
12. How would you describe your family? Very close-knit.
13. What would be your number one design tip? Start with a blank canvas you love, details like beautiful paneling, architraves and cornices are always a great starting point.
14. How would you describe your style? I love well cut, structured clothes but at the same time the feminine side of me loves a big frill.
15. Favourite hotel in the world? I haven’t been but The Grand Hotel in Stockholm looks beautiful – one day!
16. Favourite thing about design? The fact that it is so tangible – the excitement of creating something really special and seeing it become a reality is hard to beat.
17. Best place in Ireland to visit? I love exploring Ireland but have a particular soft spot for the west. I have family in Westport in Mayo which will always be one of my favourite places to visit.
18. What’s in your handbag? Aside from the usual and the clutter of receipts, a mini hair brush, Jo Loves Pomelo perfume, vitamins, about 3 pens and a mini notebook.
19. What’s your favourite movie? Notting Hill
20. What’s on your to-do list for 2017? A few exciting projects with KLD, trips to Copenhagen, Iceland hopefully and definitely a stay in a bubble dome under the stars in Finn Lough.