Lauren joined the KLD team in January 2016 while completing a degree in Interior Architecture in DIT. Now fully qualified and a full time member of the team, Lauren has been a shining light of sheer style, enthusiasm and fun in the group. And as the year comes to a close for the whole team, it seems especially fitting to get to know Lauren a little better as she too reflects on a hugely successful year as part of the KLD team.
1. What could you not live without? Chocolate!
2. Where would be your ideal weekend break? Paris, I absolutely love Paris & to stay in Hotel Bachaumont designed by Dorothee Meilichzon, it’s one on my bucket list!
3. Who would you turn to in a time of need? My mum – A girl always needs her Mum!
4. What inspires you? Travel inspires me mostly, seeing the different cultures, design inspirations, buildings etc I just love it!
5. Your favourite gadget or app? Hmmm.. Is it bad to say my phone? I can’t live without that. I’m also slightly addicted to Pinterest!
6. What’s on your bucket list? I have always wanted to go and do some charity work in an orphanage it’s something I have wanted to do since I was young – someday!
7. How would you describe yourself in 3 words? Creative, organised & happy!
8. What is your favourite saying? Don’t really know – I’m not a huge person for sayings.
9. When did you realise you wanted to be an interior architect? I have always been creative since a young girl, always painting, making & designing different stuff – my mum was probably a big influence as she always had such an interest in interiors. Also my dad’s a photographer and I used watch him style sets growing up, so was born and bread to be creative!
10. How would you describe your family? Mum’s side – all bonkers (in a good way)! Dad’s side – Quiet! Makes a great balance.
11. What would be your number one design tip? Be brave – Don’t be afraid to push the boundaries, there is nothing more exciting than doing something that’s never been done before! Also layout… never underestimate the importance of the layout of a space.
12. How would you describe your style? Simple – My friends used to always call me Miss Sophisticated, constantly wearing black – my wardrobe is very much monochrome.
13. Favourite place to eat in Dublin? Myself & my boyfriend love Bunsen for a casual bite to eat mid-week, but Fade St Social by Dylan McGrath is my favourite ‘fancy’ spot.
14. Favourite hotel in the world? I have a lot of hotels on my bucket list that i’m yet to get to, so I feel I cant answer that just yet. My favourite get away hotel in Ireland is Mt Juliet, especially in the winter – it’s so cosy by the fire & they have bikes you can take to cycle around the estate!
15. Favourite thing about design? A design of yours being brought to life – there is no better feeling than seeing your designs being brought to life it’s a real ‘go me’ moment!
16. Favourite bar in Dublin? The cocktails in the Vintage Cocktail Club are AMAZING – the whole experience is pretty awesome!
17. What’s in your handbag? I think the question is more what’s not in my handbag? Currently the contents of my handbag is: my wallet, gloves, hand cream, socks, loose change, bobby pins, sunglasses, a card for my friends birthday, sellotape, chewing gum, earphones, car keys, Coldplay tickets & the clamping fine I got the other week!!!
18. What’s your favourite movie? The Holiday.
19. What’s your stress reliever? Mondello track days in the Winter and jet-skiing in Killiney in the Summer!
20. What’s on your wish list for Christmas 2016? I’m going to Warsaw in Poland on the 27th so looking forward to that, but a happy & healthy Christmas with my family & friends would be wonderful!